Poorvottanasana or the upward plank pose refers explicitly to the flow of prana subtle energies in the “eastern” frontal side. The literal meaning of this pose is to stretch towards the east. In this article, you will know about Poorvottanasana benefits, steps, precautions and other details of upward plank pose.
Well, Poorvottanasana is a sanskrit name of Upward plank pose and there are lots of Poorvottanasana benefits.
Upward plank pose & Poorvottanasana benefits are –
• Regular practice strengthens the arms, shoulders, back, and spine.
• This asana helps to stretch your legs and hips.
• Improves the respiratory function.
• It helps to stretch the intestines and the abdominal organs.
• The asana helps to improve the functioning of the thyroid gland.
Read more – steps and benefits of upward facing dog pose
After knowing about Poorvottanasana benefits, just follow these simple steps to do Upward plank pose perfectly.
a) Begin with sitting on your yoga mat with legs extended while you keep your feet together and spine straight me.
b) Place your palms firmly on the floor behind your torso.Make sure your arms are straight and are not bend.
c) Slowly, lean back while supporting your body with your hands. Make sure your feet are pointed and firmly placed on the mat
d) While breathing in, raise your pelvis, keeping your whole body in a line straight.
e) Make sure to straighten your knees and to place your feet flat on the floor.
f) You must place your toes on the ground and let your head fall back slowly while you remain in this position.
g) Hold this pose and continue with normal breathing. As you exhale, return to the sitting position and let your body relax.
h) Repeat with your fingers pointing in the opposite direction.
• Keep your upper back strongly engaged in helping lift your body.
• Stretch your spine while you keep your arms straight. Make sure there is space between your shoulders and ears, while your neck remains straight.
• Do not strain the muscles of your back to fit into this position. You must engage the muscles throughout your body to balance the stress.
If you already know about Poorvottanasana benefits then you should also have knowledge of precautions of Poorvottanasana while performing this yoga pose.
• Do not attempt the asana if you have a wrist or neck injury
Pregnant females should avoid this asana
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…