This asana is part of the sun salutation sequence in yoga. In the sequence, the movement happens from chaturanga to upward facing dog to downward-facing dog. Like chaturanga, upward dog is a transitional posture. in this article, you will know about all the Upward facing dog pose Benefits, steps, precautions and all other details of Urdhva mukha svanasana.
Upward facing dog pose is also known as Urdhva mukha svanasana and there are lots of Upward facing dog pose benefits.
Upward facing dog pose benefits are –
• Improves the flexibility of the chest and spine, while strengthening the wrists, arms, and shoulders.
• It also improves posture and is an excellent therapy for asthma.
• Since it improves the flexibility of the back,it helps in stimulating the abdominal organs for a better digestion.
• It enables to firm the hip area and thighs, allowing to relieve sciatica.
• The backbend excites and rejuvenates the body to provide relief from fatigue and depression.
• Improves posture and strengthens the spine, arms, and wrists with regular practice
After knowing the Upward facing dog pose benefits, just follow these simple steps to do this yoga pose perfectly.
a. Since this is a backbend posture, you should begin by lying down on the mat on your stomach with feet hip-width apart.
b. Slowly bring your body up in a plank pose, making sure that your legs are stretched out through your heels, and you can grip the toes on the floor.
c. Then, move your body further up to create an inverted V with the shape of your body, letting your palms and feet control the balance.
d. As you inhale, lift your chest and straighten your arms and place them firmly on the mat.
e. Make sure that your arms continue to remain straight, and your elbows do not bend while lifting your torso.
f. As you lower down your body, you must ease your shoulder blades and slowly move back in position. Stay on the mat for a few breathes till you calm down.
Read More – Precautions, steps and benefits of Triangle pose
• It is advisable not to force your body into the pose. Do not try a deeper backbend or do more than what your body allows.
• Go ahead slowly into the pose and gradually increase the intensity until you canbuild the flexibility and strength needed for this position. You may practice the Cobra Pose as an alternative pose until you gradually learn this pose effectively.
• If you have trouble sustaining weight through your arms, try to change your angle of the pose so that you can move the weight more on into your legs.
• When you begin this asana, you can try with your hands elevatedon yoga blocks or a low chair seat.
If you already know Upward facing dog pose benefits then you should have a look at the precautions of Upward facing dog pose while performing this yoga pose.
• You may not be ready to initiate this pose if you have injuries to your neck, wrists, shoulders, or low back,
• Do not practice the asana if you have recently had surgery involving your abdomen or back.
• It is not advisable to practice this asana if you are in your second or third trimester of pregnancy.
• It is advisable not to pursue this as an if you have a headache.
• To help prevent stress on the shoulders and wrists, make sure your alignment is correct.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…