Vrikshasana or the Tree Pose gets its name from the Sanskrit origin of the word “vriksh,” which translates to mean “tree.” This pose replicates the elegant and steady stance of a tree. As a rule, this pose entails keeping our eyes open to maintain body balance. In this article, you will know about tree pose benefits, steps, precautions and other details of Tree Pose yoga.
Tree pose also have it’s sanskrit version called Vrikshasana and there are lots of Tree pose benefits that you should know about.
Tree Pose benefits are –
• Helps in the relieving of Sciatica pain.
• Strengthens the knee, calves, and thigh muscles.
• Reduces the occurrence of flat feet over time with regular practice.
• Improve concentration and focus.
• Helps in achieving a better posture and strengthens the spine.
• It improves physical balance in the body with consistent practice.
Read More – Benefits and steps of sitting half spinal twist
After the Tree Pose benefits may be you all would like to know about it’s steps. Just follow these simple steps to do Tree pose yoga perfectly.
a) Stand up straight on the yoga mat with your arms on either side of your body.
b) Lengthen your spine and feel the awareness of your body as in the Tadasana pose.
c) Draw your palms together at heart and fold your hands in the Namaste position with your shoulders open.
d) Keep your elbows apart and avoid slouching while you do this.
e) Slowly lift your right heel while you bend your knee- take your time as you get comfortable in this position.
f) Tuck your pelvis out and engage your core muscles simultaneously. You must ensure that your spine continues to be straight while you breathe continuously.
g) Next, you may slowly lift your right knee until you reach your waist. You must balance the bodyweight on your left leg right now.
h) Use your right hand to open your right knee outwards, then grab your feet and press it against your inner thigh of your left leg with your arms still in the Namaste position.
i) You must hold this position for a few seconds while you sync your body and breathing together.
j) Slowly release the position while you exhale and bring your feet back in the standing position.
k) You may repeat this asana on the other side.
• Try and focus on a single object in front of you – this will help you to maintain perfect balance
• If you are a beginner, one can use the support of the wall for your lower back. It will help you in getting the stretch without getting worried about falling.
• If you find it difficult to hold the foot on the inner thigh of the other leg, you may practice holding against the calf until you can find the appropriate balance.
If you know about Tree pose benefits already then you should also have a look at the precautions of the tree pose yoga now.
• Avoid this asana if you suffer from migraine, blood pressure or insomnia.
• Avoid practicing the asana if you have had a recent leg injury.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…