Veerabhadrasana or the Warrior pose is one of the most elegant yoga postures, and it adds beauty and grace to one’s yoga practice. In Sanskrit, Veera means ‘vigorous, warrior, courageous,” and Bhadra means ‘good or auspicious,” and asana means “Posture.” In this article, you will know about benefits of warrior pose, steps, precautions and other details of warrior pose yoga.
Warrior pose is also known as Veerabhadrasana in sanskrit and there are many benefits of warrior pose that you should know.
Benefits of Warrior pose are –
• Strengthens and helps in toning the arms, lower back, and legs.
• Improves the balance in the body and therefore increases your stamina.
• Great for those with sedentary or deskbound jobs.
• Extremely beneficial if you are suffering from frozen shoulders.
• Releases stress, especially in the shoulder area.
• Brings auspiciousness, courage, grace, and peace if practiced regularly.
After knowing about benefits of Warrior pose, probably you will be looking for steps of warrior pose yoga. Just follow below steps to do this yoga perfectly.
a) Stand straight on the mat/floor with your legs wide apart (at least 3-4 feet). The distance should be as much as your body allows you to do comfortably.
b) You may turn your right foot out by 90 degrees towards one size and left foot in by about 15 degrees.
c) Then, lift both your arms sideways while you inhale to the height of your shoulder, and your palms may be facing upwards. Note that your arms are parallel to the ground.
d) Breathing out, bend your right knee. Make sure that your right knee forms a straight line with your right ankle.
e) Slowly turn your head towards your right. This pose is called the Virabhadrasana Pose – Warrior Yoga Pose.
f) Once you feel comfortable in this position, try and stretch your arms further. Gently make an effort so that you can push your pelvis downwards.
g) You should hold this yoga posture with the determination of a warrior and stay in the position for three breaths.
h) Keep breathing as you go down and gently inhale when you come up Breathing in, come up. Breathing out, you may bring your hands down back to your sides.
i) You may again repeat this yoga posture on the opposite side now.
• If you have difficulty supporting yourself in this pose, you can place a metal folding chair next to your left leg, with the front edge of the chair towards you.
• When you bend the left knee to begin the pose, you can slide the front edge of the seat under your left thigh
• Repeat in the same way with your right leg bent.
• If you are a beginner when you bend the left knee to a right angle-bend it swiftly as you exhale and aim the inside of the left knee toward the little toe side of the left foot.
If you know about benefits of warrior pose then you should also keep remember the precautions of warrior pose while performing this yoga pose.
• This asana should be practiced only after consultation of a doctor, especially if you have had spinal and shoulder injuries.
• You may avoid this posture if you have been a high blood pressure patient.
• You may avoid this posture if you have recently suffered from diarrhea.
• If you have knee pain or arthritis,you may use some support at the knee (like a chair) to hold this yoga posture.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…