Paschimottanasana or “seated forward bend” is a famous pose from Hatha yoga. It is an important asana as it involves stretching the back of your body, beginning from your calves to the back of the thighs and your spine. In this article, you will know about Paschimottanasana benefits, steps, precautions and other details of seated forward bend yoga.
Paschimottanasana is a famous pose and also known as seated forward bend. There are lots of Paschimottanasana benefits that you should know.
Paschimottanasana Benefits are –
• It helps to calm the brain and provides relief from stress.
• Reduces anxiety and fatigue.
• Regular practice of the asana helps in burning unwanted fat and aids weight loss.
• It helps to improve digestion.
• The pose helps to tone the shoulders and in stretching the lower back, hamstrings, and hips.
• It stimulates the liver and kidneys and helps in better functioning by keeping them healthy.
• Practicing this pose helps with insomnia and promotes sound sleep.
After knowing Paschimottanasana benefits may be you will be trying to perform this yoga. Just follow these simples steps to do seated forward bend yoga perfectly.
a) Begin with sitting on a yoga with your legs stretched out in front of you.
b) Keep your spine upright, and your toes turned towards you.
c) Next,inhale and keep stretching simultaneously while raising both your arms above your head.
d) As you slowly exhale, bend forward and extend your upper body over your legs, keeping your spine straight.
e) While you do this, rest your head between your legs and your hands on the floor or alternative, you may hold the big toes.
f) Slightly lift your head and stretch the spine as you inhale. Then stretch your body further as you exhale. Continue to stay in this position as long as you can.
g) Then while breathing in raise and stretch up your arms above your head again, and while breathing out,bring down your hands.
h) Relax and try to feel the energy changes in the body and mind.
• You may or may not be able to reach to the floor. If that happens, try not to let the back of the hip bone lift too high from the floor.
If you know all the Paschimottanasana benefits and performing this yoga, then you should also have a look at these precautions of Paschimottanasana.
• Avoid this pose if you are pregnant
• If there is a history of recent back injury/surgery avoid doing this pose
• Avoid this pose if suffering from severe asthma.
• You should attempt this initially under the supervision of a trained yoga instructor.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…