Eka pada pranamasana is balancing pose for an intermediate level. The origin of the name comes from the Sanskrit word “Eka,” which means one,” Pada” means foot, “Pranam” means prayer, and “asana” means posture or pose. In this article, you will know about Eka Pada pranamasana benefits and all the steps.
Eka Pada Pranamasana is also known as One Legged Prayer pose and there are lots of Eka Pada Pranamasana benefits that you should know.
• It improves balance, posture, and leg strength.
• Improves focus and mental awareness.
• Promotes self-confidence and willpower.
• Calms the mind and develops a mental and spiritual balance.
• Opens the Anahata (heart) chakra, which is associated with love, forgiveness, compassion, openness, and empathy.
• Strengthens the feet and ankle muscles and tones the muscles of both the areas.
a) Stand straight on the floor/mat with both your feet together and your arms on your sides.
b) Try and focus your gaze on one point at eye level and breathe normally.
c) Now slowly bend your right knee and place the sole to the root of the left thigh.
d) Now place your hands in front of the chest in the Namaste position.
e) Try and hold the asana for a short duration maintaining balance (for as long as you can).
f) Slowly let go of the right leg and lower it on the floor and exhale while you come back to the starting position.
g) You may then repeat with the other leg.
• If you are and are not able to put your foot high up on your thigh, do not stress and push it too much.
• You can instead start by resting your foot first on your lower leg (next to your calves).
• Do not press your foot against your knee. Pressure on the knee can hurt and damage it in the long run. Always put pressure either above or below your knee.
After knowing the Eka Pada Pranamasana benefits may be you all trying to perform this yoga. Here’s the precautions of Eka Pada Pranamasana that you should keep remember while performing this yoga.
• It is not advisable to perform this asana if you have recently been suffering from either of the following: leg, knee, or back injuries.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…