‘Marichi’ in Sanskrit means a ray of light (of the sun or moon). Marichi- the son of Brahma and chief of the Maruts (“shining ones”), is also the Vedic Adam and the “father” of humanity. In this article, you will know about all the benefits of Marichi’s pose and steps of Marichi’s pose yoga.
Marichi’s pose yoga is also known as Marichyasana and there are many benefits of Marichi’s pose.
Benefits of Marichi’s Pose are –
• This asana helps to massage abdominal organs, including liver and kidneys
• It also stretches the shoulders, while relieving mild backache and hip pain.
• It is a great asana to add stimulation to the brain
• The asana also strengthens and stretches the spine
After the benefits of Marichi’s pose here’s the step by step guide of Marichi’s pose.
a) To begin with, you may start in Dandasana. Then bend your right knee and place your foot on the mat-make sure there is a slight distance away from your hip when you do this.
b) Next, you must keep the left leg strong, and your foot should be slightly inward rotated with your toes pulled back.
c) Then you must place your right hand/ finger tips behind you for support.
d) As you begin to inhale, raise your left arm, and when you exhale- twist your upper back to the right.
e) Then place your left arm across your right leg, pressing the left upper arm against the outer right knee.
f) Point your fingertips to the ceiling while simultaneously bending the left elbow.
g) Every time you inhale, you should slightly press the sitting bones into the floor and lengthen the spine.
h) While you exhale every time, gently try to twist a little further to the right and try to keep the outstretched leg active.
i) Hold on this way for about 5 deep breaths.
j) To retreat to your original form, try to bring your gaze back to the front while you inhale, and release your arms.
k) As you exhale, try to straighten both your legs.In the end, pause before you begin repeating on the other side.
• Avoid pushing too hard on your spine to twist more than you can, and instead,you can use as many props to help you here.
• When you try to bring your arm across your bent knee and find it difficult and instead, you can try hugging that knee with your arm for ease.
• This asana involves twists that can be very uncomfortable if you have a larger body. Be careful and extend as much your body allows.
If you are performing this yoga pose it means you already know about benefits of Marichi’s pose. But there are some precautions of marichi’s pose you should keep remember while performing this yoga pose.
• Avoid this asana if you are pregnant.
• It is crucial to keep the back of your neck in line with your spine and turn your head last so that you create a long twist in the back without straining your neck.
• Avoid this asana if you suffer from any lower back or spinal issues.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…