The Viparita Karani is also called the Inverted Lake Pose or the Legs up the Wall Pose. In Sanskrit, Viparit means “inverted,” and Karani means “doing.” This is a gentle corrective pose that has the power to calm the mind by symptoms of legs up the wall pose like tension and cramps in the body. In this article, you will know all about signs and symptoms of legs up the wall pose and steps of legs up the wall pose yoga here.
Legs up the wall pose is a gentle corrective pose and there are lots of benefits of legs up the wall pose that you should know.
Benefits of Legs up the wall pose –
• It provides relief from symptoms of Arthritis, headaches, low blood pressure, and Insomnia.
• Eases symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and menopause.
• Relieves cramped or tired feet and legs.
• Stretches the hamstrings and legs gently.
• Relieves discomfort in the lower back.
• It has anti-aging effects on the body.
• Soothes and calms the mind.
Read More – Steps and Benefits of Eagle Pose Yoga
If you want to get advantages of all the benefits of legs up the wall pose then you need to perform this effective yoga regularly.
Just follow these steps to perform legs up the wall pose –
a) To begin, you may find an open space near a wall and sit next to it on a yoga mat facing the wall.
b) You may spread our feet in front of you on the floor
c) Slowly exhale and lie on your back. Press the back of your legs against the wall with the soles of your feet facing up,
d) Make sure you make yourself comfortable in this position.
e) Now press your hips against the wall. You may place a blanket under your back for support.
f) Stay here for about 5-10 minutes while you gently breathe.
g) To return to the original position, you may slowly move away from the wall and slowly come back to Savasana pose.
h) In the end, you may move and roll to one side and stay for a few breaths before returning to your seat.
• You may keep a pillow or folded blanket under your hips for ease.
• Try to loop a strap around your thighs so that your legs feel more relaxed.
Well, if there are lots of benefits of legs up the wall pose are available then you should also follow these precautions at the time of performing this yoga pose.
• Since this is an inverted asana, avoid doing during menstruation.
• Consult your physician before performing this pose.
• Avoid doing the asana if you have serious eye problems, such as glaucoma.
• You may need to consult a doctor before practicing the asana if you have any serious neck or back problems.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…