In Sanskrit, ‘Janu’ literally means “knee” and ‘Sirsa’ means “head”- the pose hence translates to a “Head to knee forward bend.”
Head to knee forward bend yoga is also known as Janu Sirsasana and there are lots of benefits of this yoga pose.
Benefits of Janu Sirsasana –
• The pose is exceedingly helpful in stretching your lower back
• Practicing the pose is excellent for abdominal organs and toning of the shoulders.
• It helps to control and calm the mind, hence helps to relieve mild depression.
• Regular practice of the pose helps to get relief from anxiety, fatigue, headache, and menopausal discomfort.
• It is an excellent therapy for high blood pressure and insomnia.
Read More – Complete steps and benefits of Eagle Pose Yoga
a) Start with sitting up straight on the mat with your legs stretched out straight and making sure your spine is erect.
b) Next, you may bend your left knee and place your left foot against your right inner thigh, while resting your left knee on the floor. Both your legs should form a 90-degree angle at your pelvis.
c) Then, while you inhale-raise both your arms above your head and gradually stretch, twist to the right from the waist.
d) When you exhale- bend forward from the hip joints while you keep your spine straight and then direct your chin to the toes.
e) If you can, try and hold on to your big toes and, pointing your elbows to the ground, move forward as you pull on your toes.
f) Hold in this position and continue breathing.
g) While breathing in, come up, and while breathing out, bring your arms down to the sides. Repeat on the other side.
• If it is uncomfortable to reach the extended-leg foot, you may use a yoga strap or a belt. Coil it around the sole and hold your foot with your arms fully extended.
• Do not pull yourself forward when using the strap and slowly move your hands along the strap while you keep your arms and your torso stretched.
Below are the precautions of head to knee forward bend yoga.
• Avoid this pose if you suffer from asthma
• Do not practice this exercise if you suffer from complaints of diarrhea
• Avoid this pose and don’t flex the injured knee completely and instead support it on a folded blanket.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…