Natarajasana or the Dancing Shiva Pose is an incredibly empowering pose that helps in strengthening flexibility in the body. In this article, you will learn about benefits of Dancing shiva pose yoga and all steps of Natarajasana.
Natarajasana is a very popular yoga pose and there are many benefits of dancing shiva pose.
Benefits of Dancing Shiva Pose –
• The pose helps in balancing the nervous system and improves the body’s balance.
• Natarajasana helps to activate the ability to concentrate better and helps to build focus.
• Regular practice of this pose helps to strengthen your leg and ankle muscles.
• This asana helps improve flexibility of thighs, groin, abdomen, shoulders, chest, and legs.
Read More: What is Crane Pose Yoga and it’s benefits?
After the benefits of Dancing shiva pose, here’s the step by step guide about how to do Dancing Shiva Pose.
• Begin this asana by standing firmly, with your eyes focusing on a specific point in front of you. Breathe normally.
• Next, bend your left knee and hold the big toe of your left foot with your left hand. While doing this, your hips should be facing forward, and your right leg should be straight (throughout the asana).
• Then, turn your left arm so that the elbow starts facing the ceiling. This will enable you to raise your knee further higher.
• After this, hold your right arm out, slightly above the shoulder level, and stretch it forward.
• Then, turn up your right palm and join the thumb and first finger in the meditative ‘jnana mudra.’
• Try to remain in this position for some time (at least about 20- 30 seconds), then repeat on the right leg.
• This asana can be slightly challenging for beginners, and the easier ways to begin would be to take it slow.
• You can start with ‘Tadasana,’ and when you feel you are ready in position, lower your heels back on the floor.
• Move your left leg backward and hold the ankle with your left hand.
• Then, raise your right arm slightly above the shoulder level, while you look at your right hand or a fixed point on the wall, whichever is easier for balancing.
• Hold this asana for about 30 seconds and repeat on the other leg.
• Practice up to three repetitions on each leg.
If you are aware with benefits of dancing shiva pose then you should also keep remember these precautions while performing this yoga pose.
• Avoid the asana if you have any shoulder or knee injury
• If you have high blood pressure or arthritis, avoid this asana.
• Individuals with hernia, stomach ulcers, and vertigo should not attempt this asana.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…