In Sanskrit, Gomukhasana translates to ‘go’ meaning cow, ‘Mukha’ meaning face, and ‘asana’ meaning pose. It is a seated posture and is performed with many different seated asanas. You will learn all the steps of cow face pose yoga and Gomukhasana benefits in this article.
Cow face pose yoga is also known as Gomukhasana. There are many Gomukhasana Benefits are available.
Gomukhasana benefits are –
• This asana helps in managing high blood pressure.
• It helps in curing Sciatica (a pain affecting the back, hip and outer side of the leg)
• It helps to tone reproductive organs if practiced regularly.
• One of the best Gomukhasana benefits is, It is an excellent remedy to cure stiff shoulders
• It helps to elongate the spine and is hugely beneficial for curing those who have bad posture
• Following this asana will eventually help to reduce stress and anxiety
• It also helps to balance and strengthen muscles of the back, hips, shoulders, triceps, biceps, and chest.
• This asana helps to stimulate the kidneys.
Well, after the discussion of all Gomukhasana benefits, you are looking for steps of Cow face pose probably. So, Just follow the below steps to do Gomukhasana perfectly.
a) You may begin the asana with sitting on your yoga mat and keep your back straight and legs extended in front of you.
b) Slowly put your feet together and place your palms next to your hips.
c) Then bend your right leg and place the foot under your left hip. Then keep your left knee over your right knee.
d) Now you may slowly raise the left arm above your head and bend the elbow.
e) Simultaneously, you should bring the right arm behind your back and interlock both hands.
f) While you are in this position, you need to take deep breaths and stay as long as you are comfortable.
g) Now, as you begin exhaling, you can release your arms.
h) Next, you should uncross your legs and repeat for the other leg.
• As a beginner, you may have to reach your right hand with your left hand and vice-a-versa initially. You must not exert too much force hence. Once you begin practicing more, both your hands will be able to hold on to one another.
If you know all about Gomukhasana benefits, then there are some precautions of the cow face pose yoga are also exist that you should know about.
• Avoid the practice of this asana if you have recently suffered from shoulder pain or injury unless you practice it under the supervision of a trained yoga teacher.
• You may try to avoid practicing the exercise if you have been experiencing any pain in any of the body parts, as this asana requires you to stretch.
• It is advisable to avoid this asana if you have suffered any soft tissue injury in your leg or have experienced muscle tear and pain in the thighs.
• It is not advisable to practice this asana if you are suffering from spondylitis or piles as this asana could aggravate the condition.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…