Savasana or the Corpse Pose is a more calming asana usually practiced at the end of a session, where you lie flat on your back with the eyes closed and arms relaxed at your sides. In Sanskrit, the word Śav means “corpse,” and Āsana means “posture” or “seat.” In this article, we are going to talk about all benefits of corpse pose yoga and steps of Savasana.
Corpse Pose is also known as Savasana and this yoga pose usually practiced at the end of a session. But there are lots of benefits of Corpse pose.
Benefits of Corpse Pose:-
• Manages physiological factors like stress, fatigue, depression, anxiety.
• Beneficial for combating sleeping disorders like insomnia or inadequate sleep.
• Accelerates good memory and concentration levels on regular practice
• Repairs the disrupted tissues and cells in the body with consistent practice
• Promotes a healthier balance between the body and the mind.
Well, after the benefits of Corpse pose yoga you all would like to practice this yoga pose. So, you just need to follow below steps of Savasana.
a) Lie down on your back on top of a yoga mat, while maintaining a neutral body position.
b) You may now close your eyes.
c) Keeping your legs hip-distance apart, you may also allow your feet and knees to relax.
d) Place both your arms on either side with your palms facing upwards.
e) Now, slowly take your attention to different body parts and bring your awareness to all the parts separately while you relax your entire body.
f) After some time, approximately about 10-20 minutes, you will start feeling fully relaxed, and then you can slowly roll onto your right side – continuing to keep your eyes closed.
g) You may take a few deep breaths in and out as and become aware of your environment and the body gradually and simultaneously. When you feel complete, open your eyes gently.
• If you feel that your neck hurts, use a blanket or a cushion below the neck and the head for additional support.
• To give a better support for the back, use a bolster below the knees or raise the knees by placing the blanket.
• It is advisable to cover the eyes, with a black cloth to avoid light and focus better.
• If you find lying flat on the floor to be uncomfortable or painful, you can do this on a very thin mattress.
• Staying still and closing your eyes at different times during the day has an effect of calmness and can soothe your mind, besides all over your body.
After knowing the benefits of corpse pose you should also keep remember the precautions of Corpse pose:-
• It is important to keep your body still while practicing this pose as movement may affect the focus and concentration, hence defeating the purpose.
• Try and avoid practicing the asana in complete silence for effective results.
• Try to practice mindfulness while practicing this asana.
• Try not to sleep while doing the asana.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…