“Utkat” in Sanskrit means – intense and powerful. The effectiveness of this pose needs a little bit of determination to stay longer in the Chair Posture without literally sitting on a chair. Relax and stay calm throughout while practicing this asana, and benefits of chair pose is it will help you to hold the posture longer. You will know about benefits of chair pose and steps of chair pose in this article.
Chair pose yoga is also known as Utkatasana and there are many benefits of Chair Pose.
Benefits Of Chair Pose are:-
• Strengthens the spine, hips, and chest muscles.
• Tones the thigh, ankle, leg, and knee muscles.
• It provides balance to the body and brings determination in mind.
• Strengthens the lower back and torso.
• Reduces the occurrence of flat feet over time with regular practice.
• Helps to stretch your shoulders.
• Strengthens the diaphragm and is good for your heart
After the benefits of Chair pose yoga, here’s the chair pose steps that you should follow to do Utkatasana perfectly.
a) Stand straight on your yoga mat with your feet together and arms by your side.
b) Slowly inhale as you raise your arms around your ears and ease your shoulders.
c) Try and maintain your palms to be facing each other without bending your elbow.
d) Next, you may place both your arms on the sides of your waist on either side.
e) Bring your hips down and bend your knees (like a squat), pretending to be sitting on a chair.
f) Pull back your lower abdomen slightly in and up to support your lower back. This should feel like engaging your core.
g) Try to maintain this position for about 5 to 10 breaths.
h) When you begin returning to your starting position, exhale and press your feet down firmly and straighten your legs.
i) You may then bring your arms back to your sides in the original position.
• You could use a partner while doing this pose- your partner can use either their hands or feet and press your heels firmly to the ground.
• If you are a beginner, you may take a wall support but remember tostand slightly away from the wall tomake it easier for you to bend.
If all the benefits of chair pose are good then there are some precautions of chair pose are also available that you should keep in your mind.
• Do not practice the chair pose if you have headaches, migraines, or low blood pressure.
• Avoid practicing this asana if you have hip problems and back issues.
• Do not practice this yoga posture if you have arthritis, sprained your ankle, any knee problem or damaged ligaments, headache, or insomnia (sleeplessness).
• Avoid this asana if you are menstruating.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…