This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Myth: There are myths that eating pineapple, mangoes, and papayas can cause miscarriages.
• Miscarriages usually happen due to infection, and no evidence suggests eating certain foods can cause miscarriages.
• Eating ripe papaya doesn’t pose any threat of miscarriage, but raw papaya might be unsafe.
Myth: Common belief among Indians is that saffron has the same effects, but it is not true.
• Although certain foods can provide better skin and a healthy glow, there is no evidence that diet can change the baby’s skin color.
• Skin color is a result of genetics, natural selection, and evolution.
Myth: It is a myth, and excess eating will make it even more difficult for the mother to shed the weight post-pregnancy.
Fact: The calorie intake is increased slightly up to 350 kcal per day, and healthy food should be consumed to satisfy the increased need.
It is a myth, and both low fat and high-fat milk are equally beneficial.
Fact: Both full fat and low-fat milk have the same nutrients, and low-fat milk is a good choice without the excess fat.
Myth: There are products in the market that suggest improved intelligence, but it is a myth.
• There is no evidence that consuming herbs, tonics, and tea affect the baby’s cognitive abilities.
• Consuming a healthy diet with adequate doses of micronutrients is vital for the proper development of cognitive abilities.
With so many things that can affect foetal growth, it is important to know what is healthy and what is not. Bursting the myth bubble regarding nutrition is also important and wrong information passed on to future generations will only cause inconvenience.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…