This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
• Cessation of smoking.
• Including Pulmonary rehabilitation like chest physiotherapy, flutter valve and high frequency chest wall oscillators.
• Bronchodilators (short and long acting)
• Oxygen therapy help since its difficult for individual to breath on their own. Devices like oxygen concentrators are available for those who need portable home oxygen machines.
• Treat any underlying cause: asthma, infection and bronchitis etc., they require proper dedicated treatment. Example use inhaled corticosteroids and leukotrienes in case of asthma.
• Getting good sleep over comes the fatigue caused by chronic cough and helps in repairing the damaged tissues.
• Drinking loads of warm fluid to prevent dehydration which can lead to dry throat and mouth, headache, dizziness and confusion. It also helps to loosen up the nasal mucosal secretions and reduces viscosity of the mucus produced.
• Using a humidifier, symptoms are seen to get exacerbation in cold temperate and low humid air hence heated humidified air helps in loosing up and draining out the mucus, helps in opening up the airways.
• Using honey and lemon
• Peppermint essential oils they have anti inflammatory and de-stressing properties.
• Pursed lip breathing technique where more quantity of air is let in and out and has shown to slow down the pace of breathing hence controls shortness of breath.
• Balanced healthy diet, taking nutrition and dietary supplements in speedy recovery and prevents infections.
• Dry ginger, long pepper and black pepper grinded to powder form taken along with honey, 3 times/day. This mixture has a highly anti-inflammatory action.
• Ginger soup/ tea
• Giloy juice brings down the inflammation and soothes the lining of the throat.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…