This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
• It is easiest, cheap and convenient method.
• It may be done trans-abdominally (probe of kept on the tummy) or transvaginal (thin cylindrical probe is introduced through vagina).
• Captures images of uterus, the ovaries and the surrounding structures.
• Helps to see other complications like back pressure on the kidneys causing them to swell up.
• Pelvic MRI scan is planned for detail examination
• Provides better estimation of size and location
• Helps understand changes/ degeneration better
• Provides details about changes seen in adjacent structures
• Helps to see inside of the abdominal cavity (uterus, ovaries and other pelvic structures) through a small cut on abdomen.
• A tube with camera and light at one end is passed through the cut to visualize the structures.
• Its an invasive surgical procedure and requiresusage of anesthesia hence the procedure is avoided.
• Skillful and time consuming procedure
• Requires a trained health professional
• A long thin tube with a light is passed via the vagina and cervix into the uterus.
• The hysteroscope helps in detecting submucosal fibroid and their resection.
There are some other investigations like Hysterosalpingography and sono-hysterography but because of time consuming and associated complications the procedures are not performed routinely.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…