This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
The line of treatment for active cases is using combination of drugs for a certain period of time.
• Isoniazid (Liver function test should be monitored)
• Ethambutol (eyes should be checked periodically for color perception )
• Pyrazinamide (person’s serum uric acid needs to be checked periodically)
• Streptomycin 4 drug regimen is followed where isoniazid, rifampicin, pyrazinamide, and ethambutol or streptomycin are used for 2 months and then isoniazid and rifampicin are used for 4 months.
• Avoid cigarette smoke. Quit cigarette smoking and avoid being a passive smoker as well.
• Vaccines: get Bacille Calmette Guerin (BCG) vaccine
• Use N-95 mask- prevents you aerosols and micro droplets from an infected person.
• Exercise regularly – helps in boosting your immune system
• Controlled diabetes – Prevents more being vulnerable to the risk of developing TB.
• Avoid substance abuse – Quit taking or doing drugs to lower down your risk of developing TB.
• Follow the line of treatment: defaulters are prone to develop multiple drug resistant TB , which is more fatal.
• Cover mouth while talking, sneezing, coughing or laughing, to avoid spreading of infection to others.
• Good ventilation: Keep the room airy and well ventilated. The bacteria spread more in a closed small room where there is lack of air movement.
• Keep a check of your symptoms: its duration and severity.
• Get good sleep: if your symptoms are disturbing you to sleep, see a doctor and discuss.
• Pregnancy: if you conceive, contact your doctor and discuss the risk related to pregnancy.
• Avoid emotional stress and society taboo.
• Quit smoking
• Avoid places which are over crowded, room with too many people or work place in order to prevent the disease from spreading to others.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…