This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
• Treat the cause: Antibiotics for infection/ TB, chemotherapy/ radiation for lung cancer and steroids for inflammatory conditions.
• Bronchial artery embolization: to localise, block and stop the bleeding from bronchial arteries in severe cases of tuberculosis or damage to the arteries due to trauma or other reasons.
• Bronchoscopy: insert balloon inside the airway to stop bleeding
• Surgery: perform pneumonectomy where part or whole of lung is removed.
• Quit smoking: Quit cigarette smoking and avoid being a passive smoker as well.
• Wear a mask (N95 respirators) to avoid environmental stimuli like pollution, dust, fire smokes, by professionals at salons and building contractors, especially in cases of COPD and occupational hazards
• Vaccines: Getting annual flu vaccines to prevent influenza and virus and vaccine to prevent certain types of pneumonia.
• Maintaining hygiene: Simple steps like washing hands, use of hand sanitizers can prevent from infections and its spread.
• Getting good sleep over comes the fatigue caused by chronic bronchitis and helps in repairing the damaged tissues. One should try sleeping with head raised by use of pillows since this facilities a smooth breathing process and helps in clearing the mucus.
• Drinking loads of fluid to prevent dehydration which can lead to dry throat and mouth, headache, dizziness and confusion. It also helps to loosen up the nasal mucosal secretions and reduces viscosity of the mucus produced. Chicken soup, warm apple juice and decaffeinated black or green tea are few alternative to plain water.
• Using a humidifier, symptoms are seen to get exacerbation in cold temperate and low humid air hence heated humidified air helps in loosing up and draining out the mucus.
• Balanced healthy diet, taking nutrition and dietary supplements in speedy recovery and prevents infections.
• Take Mustard oil and put few cloves of garlic and cook it in the cool. Then switch off the gas , let it cool, strain and use a little to massage on the chest, this helps in reliving chest congestion to some extend, prevents worsening of COPDs.
Read more: Symptoms and Causes of Hemoptysis
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…