This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Premature ejaculation is a condition where a man always or nearly always ejaculates prior to or within 1 minute of inserting his penis into the vagina (International Society for Sexual Medicine ISSM, 2014). ln this article you will know about complications and causes of Premature ejaculation. Just read the article till the end.
It is the commonest sexual disorder affecting men with the prevalence rate reaching up to 75%.
The person suffering from it is unable to delay ejaculation on all or nearly all vaginal penetrations. Due to this, he may start developing a feeling of frustration and he may tend to avoid sexual intimacy with his partner which may lead to distressed relationships.
However, premature ejaculation can be treated in most of the individuals with a number of different treatment options available which consists of medicines, sexual techniques, and counseling which can improve the sexual and emotional intimacy between the partners.
The exact cause of premature ejaculation is not known, however, there are a number of factors that may contribute to its development in a person. These are broadly categorized into
• Psychological factors
• Biological factors
|Psychological factors||Biological factors|
• Worry, about premature ejaculation
• Guilty feeling that increases your tendency to rush through sexual encounters
• High arousability
• Technique of sex: lack of awareness of techniques to control ejaculation
• Frequency of sexual activity: low
• Early sexual experience: hurried, nervous experience
• Sexual abuse, history
• Relationship problems with the partner
|• Genetic factors: polymorphisms of the 5-HTTLPR gene|
• Hormonal: Abnormal levels of hormones
• Neurotransmitter: Abnormal level of brain chemicals
• Penile sensitivity: high
• Endocrinal causes: diabetes, low vitamin B12 levels hyperthyroidism,
• Urologic issues: prostatitis
• Nervous system problems: MS, peripheral neuropathies
• Drug-induced: cocaine, amphetamine, and dopaminergic drugs
• Chronic renal insufficiency
• Low levels of magnesium in semen
• Sexual dysfunction: ED and decreased libido
After the the causes of Premature ejaculation know about its complications. Premature ejaculation can cause have significant implications on your confidence, personal life, and relationships:
• Reduced confidence and anxiety in relation to sexual ability
• Relationship stress and lack of intimacy is a common problem caused by this condition.
• Fertility problems may occur if a man ejaculates before getting into the vagina.
When premature ejaculation affects your psychology and confidence or when it comes in the way of your sex life and relations, you should consult a doctor. Typically, a doctor who is specialized in the diseases of the urinary system (urologist) is the one who sees such issues.
Premature ejaculation can be treated by a number of methods. Some methods work better in some men. You may require to try more than one method and use it for some time. The following are the treatment options available:
• Psychological Therapy and counseling
• Behavioral Therapy and exercises
• Oral medicines
• Topical numbing agents
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…