• Remove, replace, change and stay away from the antigen/allergen, shift to new place or job if required.
• Cessation of smoking as it helps is stopping the condition from exacerbating.
• Including Pulmonary rehabilitation like chest physiotherapy, using flutter valve and obtaining a balanced diet with exercise since they help in better breathing.
• Bronchodilators to relax the muscles in the airways and open your airways to make breathing easier.
• Glucocorticoid therapy Prednisone is given 0.5-1 mg/kg/ body weight per day not exceeding 60mg/day for duration of 1-2 weeks which is then tapered down over the next 2-6 weeks. If alternative medicine is required, mycophenolate or cyclophosphamide can be used in cases that don’t tolerate prednisone or don’t require long term medication.
• Oxygen therapy helps since its difficult for individual to breath on their own. Devices like oxygen concentrators are available for those who need portable home oxygen machines.
• Lung reduction surgery where small wedges of damage lung parenchyma is removed, recommended in few of patients.
• Lung transplant can be useful in chronic cases where lung has undergo permanent damage and shows fibrotic changes.
• Don’t skip doctor’s appointment in order to receive right treatment and to keep a tab on all new and old symptoms in order to assess the progression of the disease.
• Vaccination: Go in for Flu shots to prevent from getting any infection.
• Start with Pulmonary rehabilitation after consulting your doctor.
• Quit smoking as it exacerbates the condition.
• Keep your environment (inside and outside of your house)clean of stagnant water since its a good breeding place for bacteria and fungi.
• Reduce dust in your home, work place. Clean carpets, curtains regularly to make them dust free. Invest in a good vacuum cleaner.
• Avoid humidity below 60 % at your work and home.
• Air purifying respirators are good options especially for people who are exposed at work.
• Invest in getting Electrostatic dust filter in the return ducts of central air conditioning systems since they help in reducing dust.
• Properly dry and store farm products if you work with them.
• Clean ventilating systems
• Use air purifiers
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…