This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Gastritis is a condition of the stomach where the inner lining becomes inflamed. Gastric- refers to stomach and itis- refers to inflammation. When the inflammation occurs suddenly and lasts for a shorter duration it is called acute gastritis. When the inflammation develops gradually over a long period of time, it is called chronic gastritis. Here’s we will talk about Signs And Symptoms of Gastritis and also get Treatment and diagnosis of gastritis in this article.
There is protective lining seen within the stomach that guards the stomach from its own acid and digestive juices. Anything that damages this lining predisposes the stomach wall to inflammation called gastritis. So, if you are thinking about What causes Gastritis? then just read the below reasons for gastritis carefully After the causes of gastritis all the signs and symptoms of gastritis.
• H. Pylori infection: is found to be the commonest association with gastritis. This bacteria causes inflammation and damage to stomach lining which can also a reason for Gastritis and an ulcer or even stomach cancer.
• Excessive use of pain killers: regular use of commonly used painkillers (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen, aspirin, etc. tends to lead to gastritis by reducing an important substance that protects the lining of the stomach.
• Excessive use of alcohol: consumption of alcohol irritates and damages the stomach lining exposing the stomach wall to digestive juices. so, this also can a reason for gastritis.
• Stressful event: critical illness, a bad injury, burn, or major surgery can cause acute gastritis. That’s why this is one of the major reason for Gastritis.
• Old age: older people are more predisposed due to thinning of the stomach lining and the tendency to get H pylori infection more than younger people.
• Autoimmune reaction: in some people, the immune system starts to attacks the stomach lining.
The inflammation and damage of the stomach wall if remain persistent can further progress and result in complications like:
After the complications we are going to talk about signs and symptoms of gastritis below.
The common signs and symptoms of gastritis are:
Many people with gastritis may not have any signs and symptoms for gastritis.
Usually, the sign and symptoms of gastritis resolve on its own over a period of several hours to a few days. A person should consult a doctor if he observe any signs and symptoms of gastritis in the following circumstances:
• If the symptoms last for a week or more than a week.
• If there’s blood in the vomit or stool or if the stools appear black in color.
• If the symptoms appear to occur after taking medicines especially aspirin or NSAIDs.
• If it is causing severe pain or discomfort.
The doctor would take a detailed history to understand your signs and symptoms for gastritis. With history he might suspect a diagnosis of gastritis and to confirm the diagnosis he might ask for one or more of the following tests:
The treatment of gastritis consists of three main goals:
• Avoiding frequent use of painkillers like NSAID’s. Taking medicines that protect your stomach or reduces acid production along with NSAIDs. Switching to alternative medicines for NSAID’s.
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…