This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
The ear pain treatment that your doctor will recommend depends on the underlying cause of the earache.
Some of the prescribed treatments for common causes are:
Is Ear pain treatment is possible with the following medicines.
1. Oral antibiotic: you need to take antibiotics from mouth.
• For mild to moderate infection, doctors may give antibiotic-amoxicillin, which is taken in high doses of 80-90 mg per kilogram per day.
• For severe infection, doctors prefer to give a combination of two antibiotics- amoxicillin and clavulanate (amoxicillin-dose of 90 mg/kg/day and clavulanate dose of 6.4mg/kg/day).
• Other antibiotics that can be used, especially when a patient is allergic to amoxicillin is third-generation cephalosporins or azithromycin.
Third-generation cephalosporin- given for allergic reaction to amoxicillin other than type I
• Cefdinir in one or two doses with a maximum of 14 mg/kg/day
• Cefpodoxime once daily with a dose of 10 mg/kg/day
• Cefuroxime two doses of 15 mg/kg/day
Azithromycin- given for type I allergic reactions to amoxicillin. Azithromycin- 10 mg per kg per day on the first day, followed by 5 mg per kg per day for 4 days. This is the perfect Ear Pain Treatment at home.
2. Pain killers and anti-inflammatory: If you want to do Ear Pain Treatment at home, your doctor gives a painkiller and anti-inflammatory to reduce the swelling and subside the pain. This provides symptomatic relief and fasten your recovery. This also helps in relieving fever.
1. Antibiotic ear drops- your doctor may ask you to put ofloxacin or ciprofloxacin-dexamethasone drops into your ears. You need to clean your ears softly and dry it before putting the drops. Also, you need to bring the ear drops to room temperature to avoid dizziness.
2. Oral Antibiotics– your doctor will also ask you to take antibiotics by mouth in cases of severe infection or low immunity conditions such as diabetes.
3. Home remedies- you may use vinegar (acetic acid) or drops available in the market containing the acetic acid with hydrocortisone.
1. Avoid ear drops or powder: In case of rupture due to barotrauma, you need to avoid putting drops or powder in your ear.
2. Keep ear dry: You need to keep your ear dry and avoid water from getting inside your ear.
3. Cover your ear canal: Put sterile plug of cotton within your ear canal
4. Surgery: You may need to wait for self-healing for about 3 to 6 months before considering surgery.
• Wax-softening ear drops: this can enable the wax to fall out
• Ear lavage: it flushes out the wax from your ear.
• Suction device: pulls out the wax
With some Ear Pain Treatment at home, you can treat earache at home; however, some things are counter-productive, and you should avoid:
|• Gentle massage can help decrease the pain from an ear infection|
• Dry the ear after it gets wet
• Chew gum to reduce the pressure
• Over the counter pain, relievers like ibuprofen can be helpful
• Sit upright to decrease the pressure
• Apply the cold washcloth to the ear
• A clove of garlic a day can offer protection against ear infection
• Eardrop can decrease the pressure in the ear that is caused by fluid buildup and earwax
|• Do not try to remove earwax|
• Don’t let water get inside the ears
• Don’t put anything inside the ear like cotton buds
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…