This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dizziness, if it subsides automatically, might not need any medical attention, but the underlying condition might need medical dizziness treatment. In this article you will know about Home remedies for dizziness and all other information about Dizziness Treatment.
Each condition might require a different dizziness treatment, and one can also opt to treat the dizziness in case there are no underlying conditions.
It can be used to treat various conditions related to dizziness, and one may be advised to consume any of the following medications depending on the condition that needs to be tackled.
• Diuretics which can help with Meniere’s disease
• Anti-migraine medication
• Anti-nausea medication
• Dizziness dampening medication like antihistamines
2. Epley Maneuver: also known as canalith positioning procedure, which includes moving and placing the head in certain positions carefully,may help with Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) by removing the crystals in the inner ear.
3. Balance exercises: maybe suggested by a vestibular physiotherapist to improve body balance and physical strength.
4. Acupuncture dizziness treatment: also saw a total effective rate of 91.7% with a curative rate of 58.3% in a study conducted on patients facing dizziness and can sometimes be suggested by a doctor.
It is very important that one should avoid sudden movements and activities like driving, climbing, or using the stairs when feeling dizzy to avoid any injuries to the body. One should be attentive in case the symptoms last longer and should definitely consult a doctor as soon as possible, when dizziness is recurring. To ensure one’s own safety. Neglecting it for a long duration of time can cause any underlying conditions to deteriorate, making it further complicated to treat and cure.
Dizziness in itself isn’t a medical condition, and one can opt for proper self-care to prevent or tackle the situation when one faces dizziness.
Although any underlying major health concern might need a doctor’s attention, some basic steps can be adopted during and after dizziness to prevent worsening of the situation.
• Rest: Taking rest is important in case one faces dizziness. Lie or sit down when dizzy to avoid damage or injury to the body due to the risk of falling down.
• Rehydrate: Consume a lot of water and rehydrate your body, preferably with non-caffeinated drinks.
• Avoid any sudden movement: as this can cause a fluid imbalance in the ears worsening the existing condition.
• Sleep: Try to rest and sleep; this may relieve the symptoms, providing relief.
• Indulge in Yoga: or other activities that might help improve the sense of balance in the body.
• Motion sickness: In case of motion sickness while traveling, the lemony smell of consuming lemon or ginger may provide some relief, but one should always consult a doctor before consuming any supplement.
• Iron: In case of low iron or anemia, one can consider consuming iron-rich food to relieve the symptoms of dizziness but consult a doctor for further treatment and medication.
• Eating healthy balanced meal: with all the necessary vitamins, minerals, and macro nutrients will help prevent weakness and dizziness due to deficiency.
• Meditation and lifestyle changes: can always aid in reducing dizziness related to stress and anxiety.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…