This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
It is important to consult a doctor when the condition lasts a long time and occurs in regular intervals. A timely diagnosis can help understand the cause and help prevent any further damage.
The diagnosis depends on a multitude of factors, and some are mentioned below.
Doctor will need accurate information regarding a lot of factors, including:
• Medication being consumed, if any
• Frequency of dizziness
• The duration of dizziness
• Any other accompanying symptoms, if any
• The time of occurrence and if it is related to any particular activity
Doctors may run a bunch of physical tests to understand the following conditions.
• If there is any weakness in the body
• Any problem during walking
• To check for involuntary eye movements or any related problems
• Hearing loss
• Lack of balance and co-ordination
• Blood pressure check
• Blood test to see any factors that might cause dizziness
The doctor may order a CT or MRI of the brain if he thinks the cause is within the brain. Moreover, there are some risk factors that further support the imaging examination. These are:
• Older age
• Male sex
• Heart disease such as coronary artery disease or atrial fibrillation
The imaging tests can detect the conditions such as cerebellar bleed, cerebellar infarct, tumor of the nerve to inner ear, injury, multiple sclerosis, etc.
MRI of the cervical spine is also advised to check for cervical spondylosis and changes in spinal cord (myelopathy).
• Blood glucose test- finger stick test
• Blood count
• Blood chemistry
Apart from these standard procedures, in case the doctors find anything suspicious, there is a good chance that one might have to undergo certain specific tests to detect any underlying conditions related to dizziness or vertigo.
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…