This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
• Anti-fungals like Ketoconazole 2% shampoo, gel, cream or foam, Miconazole cream, bifonazole 1% shampoo, cream, or ointment, Ciclopiroxolamine 1.5% shampoo, cream or gel, Selenium sulfide 2.5% shampoo and Zinc Pyrithione 1% shampoo.
• Corticosteroids like desonide 0.05% gel for short periods to reduce the irritating and inflammatory component.
• Immunomodulators like Pimecrolimus 1% cream or Tacrolimus 0.1% ointment.
• Miscellaneous like Coal tar 4% shampoo, Metronidazole 0.75% gel, Lithium gluconate/succinate 8% ointment or gel, and UVB Phototherapy.
Read More – Dry Eye Diagnosis | How Dry eye is diagnosed?
• Itraconazole 200 mg once daily for a week
• Terbinafine 250 mg once daily for 6 weeks.
Caution: shouldn’t be taken without consulting your nearest dermatologist.
• Avoid using hair styling products like hair wax, gel, or hair spray.
• Always shampoo your beard, mustache regularly.
Research done for this article:
1. Borda LJ, Wikramanayake TC. Seborrheic Dermatitis and Dandruff: A Comprehensive Review. J Clin Investig Dermatol. 2015;3(2):10.13188/2373-1044.1000019. doi:10.13188/2373-1044.1000019
2. Gary G. Optimizing treatment approaches in seborrheic dermatitis. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2013;6(2):44–49.
MBBS, MD Dermatology
Fellow in Dermatology Laser Surgery
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…