This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
The Cervical spondylosis Diagnosis will start with clinical history where the doctor would ask about the following:
Location, severity, type, radiation to arm or shoulder, or an aggravating factor in Cervical spondylosis Diagnosis.
Any difficulty in neck movement
Any complaints in walking or balancing the body
Any other complaints in the body
The history could allow the doctor to make a diagnosis and to know the severity of the disease.
The doctor would evaluate the cervical spine by checking the following for Cervical spondylosis Diagnosis:
• Range of motion
• Strength of the muscles and reflexes in limbs to check for compression of nerve or cord
• Evaluate the walk to check for any spinal cord compression
Imaging tests help to confirm the diagnosis and provide detailed information about the bones, disk, nerves or spinal cord and their abnormality in Cervical spondylosis Diagnosis.
• Xray cervical spine: is typically the first imaging test done to look for any obvious abnormalities of the cervical spine particularly in relation to the bones.
The bright red area is a graphical representation of areas of degeneration.
• CT scan: uses X-rays and produces detailed 2D and 3D images of the spine. It is especially used to evaluate bones and its abnormalities such as fractures in Cervical spondylosis Diagnosis.
• MRI: is the imaging test that gives the most detailed information about various components of the spine. It has a very high resolution for soft tissue and thus gives unmatched details about the spinal cord and the nerves.
These tests are done to check if the signals are transmitting properly to muscles. Following tests may be done:
• Nerve conduction study
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…