This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
a) Aahara– It means a beneficial diet for the fatty liver which includes Barley (Jau), Moong dal, ginger, garlic, and Mathudaka (2tsp honey mixed with warm water taken on an empty stomach) among other easily digestible food items. This is the perfect ayurvedic remedy for fatty liver(1)
b) Vihaara- It includes exercises such as brisk walk for at least 30 mins and performing yoga asanas.
• Difficult to digest such as kidney beans (rajma), gram (chhole/ chana/besan), masur, arhar dal, sesame (til), navdanya (newly cultivated rice)
• Milk products with high-fat content
• Eating late at night, just before sleep
• Excessive spices used in cooking
• Fast food
Below are the Ayurvedic medicines for fatty liver which are perfect ayurvedic remedy for fatty liver.
a) Arogyavardhini Vati – 2 Tablets each, post-meal, three times a day (TDS) (2) (3)
b) Triphala Guggulu – 2 Tablets each post-meal TDS
c) A combination of above drugs a and b in the research showed that it reduces the BMI along with improving liver functions in non- alcoholic fatty liver patients. (4)
d) Punarnavadi Mandur- helps in the management of fatty liver especially for people with low hemoglobin as this composition contains iron.
e) Chandraprabha Vati (5)
f) Arjuna powder (5)
These medicines are easily available at herbal pharmacies
1. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Bharti Academy; 1998. Agnivesh, Charak Samhita, Hindi commentary by Kashinath Pandey and Gorakh Nath Chaturvedi, Sutra Sthana 21: Ver. 25-28; p. 415. [Google Scholar].
2. Antarkar DS, Tathed PS, Vaidya AB. A pilot phase II trial with arogya-wardhani and Punarnavadi-Kwath in viral hepatitis. Panminerva Med. 1978;20:157–60. [PubMed] [Google Scholar].
3. Shetty SN, Mengi S, Vaidya R, Vaidya AD. A study of standardized extracts of Picrorhiza kurroa Royle ex Benth in experimental nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. J Ayurveda Integr Med. 2010;1:203–10. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar].
4. Singhal P, Nesari T, Gupta GS. Efficacy of herbomineral compounds and pathya (Ayurvedic dietary regime and physical exercise) in the management of Yakṛt Roga (Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease). Anc Sci Life 2015; 34(4): 216–222. [Google Scholar].
5. Varsakiya J, Kathad D. Ayurvedic Management of non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases: A Review. International Ayurvedic Medical Journal. 7(8): 1357-62.
BAMS, NDDY (India)
MPH, DDQAPM (Sydney, Australia)
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…