This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Ayurvedic treatment of dry cough and wet cough is very effectual. You just need to follow below Pathya and apatha for Ayurvedic treatment for dry cough and wet cough –
• Cumin powder (Jeera)
• Green cardamom (elaichi)- chew 3-4 times a day
• Licorice (mulethi)- chew
• Drink clean water (if needed, boil it for 20 mins) at room temperature or warm.
• Practice pranayama
• Food rich in vitamin C such as Guava to strengthen immune system.
• Pollution, dust, pollen (especially during harvesting season)
• Be precautious when cooking which involves spices.
• Avoid passive smoking and smoke from incense, mosquito repellents.
1. Sitopaladi churna – 5mg with equal amount of honey (non-diabetic patients).
2. Talisadi churna- diabetic patients
3. Lavangadi vati – 1 tablet 4-5 times a day to be slowly sucked.
4. Eladi vati – same as Lavangadi vati
5. Vasarishta- 15-30 ml thrice daily after meals
6. Godanti bhasma- 120- 150 mg (0.12- 0.15 gm) with equal amount honey twice a day
7. Ginger juice – 15ml with equal honey twice a day.
8. Cinnamon –mixed in tea or meals
9. Tulsi (holy basil)- 5- 10 ml juice with equal lukewarm water thrice a day
10. Application of Sesame oil to chest from the back followed by fomentation.
Ginger (due to its antioxidant and anti- inflammatory functions)
• Dust, smoke
• Excessive exercising/ overexertion
• Strong odors from paint, cooking, perfumes, etc
• Food which is cold or dry in nature (curd, dry fruits, etc) and frozen /refrigerated food.
1. Vyaghri Haritaki avaleha- 10gm (2tsp) with lukewarm water twice after meals.
2. Sitopaladi churna
3. Mulethi powder – with water or honey after meals.
In toddlers, ¼ tsp can be given mixed with food two- three times a day.
4. Chirata (Bhunimb)- powder
All these ayurvedic medicines for dry cough are practically prescribed to patients and positive results have been shown. However, significant research is still needed to be done for the majority of treatments.
The above ayurvedic medicines for dry cough and wet cough are described in books such as Charak Samhita and Bhavprakash Nighantu
BAMS, NDDY (India)
MPH, DDQAPM (Sydney, Australia)
A single targeted dose of radiotherapy could be as effective at treating breast cancer as a full course, a long-term…
The loss of smell that can accompany coronavirus is unique and different from that experienced by someone with a bad…
What are finger foods? Any solid food that can be eaten directly with hands rather than with utensils like a…
Raising your kid as a team Parenting is a rewarding feeling for both partners. However, along the way, it often…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is treated? The treatment of generalized anxiety disorder is decided on the basis of severity…
How generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is diagnosed? Before getting into the diagnosis details of GAD, learn about what is generalized…